How soon can i get my product?
All order(s) will be delivered via Secure Express courier service. Please allow 3-5 working days for us to process your order(s). Delivery lead time will be 3-5 working days for Peninsular Malaysia and 5-7 working days for East Malaysia.
There will be no delivery during weekends and public holidays.
What are the shipping cost?
Shipping rate is fixed, no extra chargers if you buy more.
Peninsula West Malaysia – RM 10.60
East Malaysia – RM 15.90
In fact, we give free shipping if your orders are above RM100 during this limited time period of promotion.
How much cooked quinoa does 1 cup dry quinoa yield?
1 cup dry quinoa yields about 3 ¼ cups cooked quinoa.
How much liquid do I need to cook quinoa?
To cook 1 cup quinoa, you need about 2 cups liquid.
How long does it take to cook quinoa?
1 cup quinoa will cook in about 15 minutes.
What does cooked quinoa look like?
Cooked quinoa looks like it has popped open and you can see tiny spirals (the germ) separating from and curling around the quinoa seeds.
How do I make better-tasting quinoa?
Quinoa is really excellent when prepared with chicken or vegetable broth. Try adding other spices and/or aromatics during cooking as well: A clove of smashed garlic, a sprig of fresh rosemary or any favorite herb or seasoning.
Can I use my rice cooker to make quinoa?
Yes, just use the 2:1 liquid to quinoa ratio and follow the instructions on your rice cooker.
How do I store quinoa?
Store quinoa in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
What is the shelf life of quinoa?
The shelf life of quinoa, if stored properly, is two years. For longer shelf life, store in the refrigerator or freezer. Once cooked, quinoa can be stored in the refrigerator for 6-7 days or in the freezer for 10-12 months. Either method retains quinoa’s flavor, texture and nutrition. Cook a large batch for easy meal prep later.
Chia Seed FAQ
- What is a chia seed?
- Chia is a very nutritious, ancient seed that has been commonly used in Latin American countries for thousands of years.
- What do chia seeds taste like?
- When eaten dry, chia tastes a bit like a poppy seed. It is dense, small and crunchy. Soaked chia seeds absorb liquid and become very plump, sweet and soft like tapioca pearls, and can be used much in the same way.
- What are the benefits of chia seeds?
- Chia seeds are loaded with healthy benefits, which makes them considered a "superfood."
Chia is a rich source of essential minerals including phosphorous and manganese as well as calcium and trace amounts of sodium and potassium, which all keep vital organs functioning properly.
The chia seed is a rich source of Omega-3, and in fact has more Omega-3 than flax seed. Omega-3 fatty acids support brain and heart function, promote healthy skin and hair and may prevent and treat certain mild types of depression.
- How do I use chia seeds?
- Sprinkle chia seeds onto salads, soups, yogurt, even into sandwiches and wraps.
Use chia in recipes that call for sesame or poppy seeds. Add to muffins, bread, cookies and cakes.
Chia absorbs 9-12 times its weight in water and can make a delicious tapioca-like pudding.
Coconut Oil FAQ
How is Organic Coconut Oil different from Spoon Health extra virgin coconut oil?
Not all coconut oils are the same, and labels can be misleading. Once you have tasted Spoon Health's Coconut Oil, with it's light buttery flavor, you will not want to switch !
Many organic coconut oil brands have either a slightly sour, very bland, and or a very strong flavor. Spoon Heath's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil looks, smells and tastes like fresh coconut.
Does coconut oil need to be refrigerated?
A. This is our second most frequently asked question. No, coconut oil does not need to be refrigerated. As a matter of fact, if you put coconut oil in the refrigerator, it becomes nearly as hard as rock, a feature which can be useful in warm weather.
What is the shelf life of Spoon Health Extra Virgin Coconut oil?
A. Nutiva's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is very stable with a shelf life of at least two years.
There are small specks in the bottom of my coconut oil. What are they?
A. They are coconut fibers. They're perfectly normal, much like finding small bits of cork in a glass of fine wine.
How do I cook with coconut oil?
A. Use coconut oil instead of other oils in your daily cooking. You can blend coconut oil in smoothies, use it as a spread on toast (it makes fantastic cinnamon toast), use it as a topping on popcorn, and in other recipes.
- Can I use coconut oil for my skin and hair?
- Yes, coconut oil is a wonderful beauty aid. Try rubbing a few tablespoons of oil into your hair before a bath or shower. You can also use coconut oil as a lotion. Since coconut oils melts at 76°F, it absorbs easily and leaves your skin smooth and with a light, clean coconut scent. Spoon Health coconut oil is also a luscious massage oil. Many massage therapists report that pregnant women say it helps to reduce appearance of stretch marks.